Breast augmentation has seen major advancement since the early days of saline and silicone implants.
One of the recent developments in breast augmentation is making use of gummy bear implants which are also known as cohesive silicone gel implants.
These implants bear the name after their similarity to gummy bear candies due to their highly cohesive filling of silicone gel.
If you want to know everything about gummy bear implants pros and cons, visit Bleen.com for a complete guide on gummy bear implants. This is a global business directory that brings customers and businesses together.
Therefore, whether you are looking to find and hire any business or even promote your business online, Bleen has got you covered.
You are sure to find what you are looking for with thousands of businesses listed in their free directory.
Which breast implant – saline or silicone?
When it comes to choosing saline and silicone breast implants, most plastic surgeons in Australia prefer the latest silicon breast implant with moderate to modest implant sizes over extremely massive or heavy implants.
This is why they employ the latest gummy bear silicone gel implants. Moreover, the cohesive gel in the silicone implants makes them more beneficial than saline implants.
Here are some main differences between saline and silicone implants that would make it easy for you to choose according to your needs:
- Saline implants have a silicone-made shell which means they are not silicone free.
- Saline implants do not give a natural feel like silicone does.
- Saline breast implants can be more challenging to put correctly or fill exactly.
- It is more difficult to change the actual projection and volume with a saline breast implant than with a silicone-filled implant for a particular shape, size, or dimension.
- Silicone-filled implants are available in various volumes and dimensions.
- The gel is designed to maintain the shape even if the outer layer of the silicone implant gets damaged.
- This means there will be no leakage into the surrounding tissue.
Benefits of choosing silicone gel implant
Silicone gel or gummy bear implants are available in various sizes and dimensions which allows plastic surgeons to customize the process according to the patient’s needs and goals.
Check the benefits:
- They look and feel more natural like breast tissue since the highly cohesive gel holds the implant in shape making it look natural.
- There is a reduced risk of rupturing as compared to saline implants which are filled with salt water and more likely to rupture and leak.
- Even if it ruptures, the thick gel remains intact and does not leak into the tissues.
- There is less risk of capsular contracture due to scar tissue which causes discomfort and deformity of breasts.
- Silicone gel implants are designed to last longer than saline implants with some brands lasting for 20 years.
If you are looking for a better feel and natural-looking breast implant and are concerned about the risk of rupturing the implant, a silicone gel implant could be the right choice for you.