Schizoaffective disorder is nothing but a mental health disorder. Besides, it combines the symptoms of schizophrenia. When it comes to schizoaffective disorder, it may show different symptoms. Hence, it is difficult to diagnose this disorder. Symptoms of schizoaffective disorder differ from one person to another.
Some of the signs and symptoms of schizoaffective disorder include –
- Unusual behaviour or Bizarre
- Depression Symptoms
- Impaired Communication
- Slow Movement
- Low sex drive
- Lack of motivation
- Incoherent speech
- Uncontrollable Temper
If you experience the above schizoaffective disorder symptoms, it is important to take the treatment immediately. OAMFM is one of the best treatment centers for the problems like schizoaffective disorder.
Their treatments are very affordable, which is why most people in the US choose OAMFM for the treatment.
What are the different types of schizoaffective disorder?
Below are the different types of schizoaffective disorder which you must know.
- Mixed Type: This type of disorder includes both depressive and manic symptoms, as well as psychotic signs.
- Depressive Type: In this type of disorder, you will have the symptoms of both depression and schizophrenia. In general, patients will experience the symptoms throughout the illness.
- Manic Type: This disorder includes the symptoms of both manic and psychotic symptoms.
What are the causes of schizoaffective disorder?
Research is still going on to find out the complete effects of schizoaffective disorder. Besides, some people say that it may be due to a genetic component. According to the NIH, an individual will be at more risk of schizoaffective disorder if his or her sibling or parent has schizoaffective disorder.
What are the risk factors of schizoaffective disorder?
- Symptoms can be triggered by stressful circumstances.
- Using mind-altering medications, which might exacerbate symptoms when there is an underlying issue.
- Anxiety disorders
- Suicide Attempts
- Homelessness or Poverty
- Social Isolation
- Interpersonal Conflicts
While taking the treatment, below are some tips for you to keep your body and mind healthy.
- Avoid Isolation: Depression thrives in a lonely environment. Being in the presence of loved ones can boost one’s vitality, encourage optimism, and even improve immune system performance. Toxic people and unpleasant social situations should obviously be avoided. However, the warm and inviting presence of friends and family can help prevent a depressive episode, which is constantly lurking in the shadows for people who have struggled with depression in their past.
- Exercise Regularly: Body, mind, and soul all benefit from exercise and a healthy diet. A well-balanced, healthy diet free of excess sugar and fat, as well as all drugs and alcohol, can help you manage your moods and stay focused on maintaining your health. Meanwhile, intense physical exercise floods the brain with mood-enhancing neurochemicals such as serotonin and dopamine, which help people maintain emotional balance and mental wellness.
- Get Enough Sleep: Ensure that you sleep properly every day. As insufficient sleep could result in stress and health issues, it is important to have proper sleep every day.
Take the treatment for the schizoaffective disorder immediately, without making any delay to stay healthy and happy!