Heavy episodic drinking is when a person consumes a large amount of alcohol in just a single session, which is usually referred to as 5 or more drinks for a male candidate and 4 or more drinks for a female candidate. Most adults in the United States consume alcohol on a regular basis. According to a recent survey, every 1 in 6 American adults does heavy episodic drinking regularly. Heavy episodic drinking is more common among adults whose age falls between 18 to 34.
What are the signs of heavy episodic drinking?
When it comes to heavy episodic drinking, different people react in different ways. Alcohol overconsumption can cause trouble for you at home and in social situations. Continue reading to know about the various signs of heavy episodic drinking.
- Drinking more frequently.
- Not being able to stop drinking.
- When you’re drunk, you’re more likely to engage in risky actions.
- After drinking, you may experience memory lapses.
- Not participating in your favorite activities due to drinking.
- Feeling weak or shaky.
- Participating in dangerous activities due to drinking alcohol.
- Drinking early in the morning.
If you or any of your friends are suffering from binge drinking, you drug rehab center in your location. If you don’t have any idea about the drug rehab centers in Ohio, you could choose Arrow Passage Recovery. At this rehab center, they provide the best treatment for heavy episodic drinking. Contact their team online to know about their treatment options in detail.
Short Term Effects
The short-term effects of heavy episodic drinking include the following.
- Alcohol Poisoning
- Stomach Upset
- Impaired Judgement
Long Term Effects
- Immune system Dysfunction
- Digestive Problems
- Cardiovascular problems
- Certain types of cancer
- Social problems
- Liver diseases
How to prevent heavy episodic drinking?
The following are some ways to prevent heavy episodic drinking. Take a quick look at them!
- Make sure that you eat something when drinking. Doing this actually helps you drink less.
- Drink slowly. Otherwise, you might end up drinking more than you have thought of.
- Set certain limits when it comes to drinking.
- If you feel like drinking more, replace your alcoholic drinks with non-alcoholic drinks.
- Go for drinking only with the people whom you trust. Make sure you have a plan for getting home securely. If you go out for drinking with the people who drink more, you might also end up drinking more.
- Keep yourself busy with other activities which you like most to divert your mind from drinking.
- If you feel that you are unable to keep yourself away from heavy drinking, do discuss it with your doctor.
- If the reason behind drinking is a lonely feeling, try to spend more time with your friends or loved ones.
- Do meditation and yoga at home daily to control your mind. Spend at least 20mins to 30mins daily for meditation and yoga. It is also good for your health.
Contact the best rehab center in your location right away, if you want to get rid of heavy episodic drinking easily!